Topic

FS: The perfect pillow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals FS: The perfect pillow

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

Dan, it may potentially come unfolded.  I typically go from side to side at night but in all my rolling over, I’ve only had it squirt out once.  I think it was because I lifted my head more than usual.

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

By the way, thank you all for your support! Somehow these little pillows have amassed quite a following, I’m now even international in sales!  I hope they’re treating you all well and if you have any suggestions for improvement, I’m all ears.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Folding it over sounds like it may need more fill for more support. Are the foam chunks on the soft side that a fold over is needed for us side sleepers?

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

The fold over design just makes the pillow more versatile for back and stomach sleepers.  If someone is a dedicated side sleeper only, I can alter the width dimension and increase the filling.  The weight would likely come out in a wash.  Or, I can use the standard size and increase the fill a few ounces and it would be the plushest backpacking pillow ever created at about 5.5-6 oz!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I’ll have to look into a DIY project on this end. I have some ideas. I need a comfortable sleep. A fold over doesn’t fit my style. Good thing I noticed your statement about having to be folded over for side sleepers.

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

Dan just so you know, I can custom spec it however you like-  it doesn’t have to be a fold over!  That’s just the original design.  My last custom was 19×13, weighed 4.5 oz., and is now on the way to Finland!  The one before that was smaller and cylinder shaped, and weighed 2.6 oz. And I completely agree, good sleep is crucial on the trail!

Adam T
    BPL Member

@adamtait

Hey Uncle Luke – are you still making & selling these pillows? I’d like to place an order.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I should probably try one of these as well. Is this still a thing?

Uncle Luke
    Spectator

@elboe805

Yep, still making them!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nm, decided to do the p.m route instead.

lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

I’m intrigued by this pillow but uncertain about how the material feels. I’m a side sleeper that needs something pretty soft under my ears otherwise they hurt from the pressure. I’m assuming people are using some sort of covering on this – curious what good (and light) options might be…

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Pillow covering: UL uncoated nylon fabric on back and a bit of old pillow case or old T-shirt on the top side.
    You can start out with just pillow case or T-shirt material to see how it goes for you – zero cost.

Cheers

Christopher Eldred
    BPL Member

@celdred

Locale: Mountains!

This is probably a long shot, but are you still making these pillows? If so, I am very interested in one!

Ryan “Rudy” Oury
    BPL Member

@ohdogg79

Locale: Northern Arizona

Chris- if he’s not, I’d part w/ mine as I’ve shifted to hammock camping and don’t need a pillow anymore. Lmk

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools