Topic

First Looks: Goosefeet Gear Custom Down Sweater

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable First Looks: Goosefeet Gear Custom Down Sweater

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

This first look at the Goosefeet Gear Custom Down Sweater summarizes features, specifications, and photo details of an ultralight down garment that weighs less than 6 oz (170 g).

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Whoa that is sweet!!!!  Fits perfectly too.

H W
    BPL Member

@olddude

Looks for similar, including color, to my Brooks Range Alpini Anorak.

carl v
    Spectator

@c-von-meij

carl v
    Spectator

@c-von-meij

Although the mont bell has a added hood, which I can confirm is very nice indeed:)

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Surprised that the sewing quality was not mentioned?

Gordon Bedford
    BPL Member

@gbedford

Locale: Victoria, Australia

I say Jordan what are your impressions after a couple of months use?

I have contacted Goosefeet Gear about getting one.

They have sent me a request for some dimensions. I usually take a medium and your jacket’s dimensions are probably similar to what I want. I am 39″ chest, 35″ waist, 36.5″ hips and 15.5″ neck. I measured my sleeve length as they instructed and it is roughly 33″.

The back length is a problem. Ben says from soft spot between collarbones down to desired hem. A bit vague. Is that how you did yours?

Also when you say slim fit did this mean only layer over a shirt (base layer) or does it include a light fleece as well?

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

missed the original posting- whoops :)

I like the looks of it and specs, but I would have take the small hit and added a hood!

Tjaard Breeuwer
    BPL Member

@tjaard

Locale: Minnesota, USA

Yes, for me, the hood is key, as I use hood less quilts. But I am sure Ryan has thought about that ;-). He must prefer a hat.

And if you want the hood, either get  the MB Anorak, or if you get GooseFeet, just ask for one.

Cameron M
    BPL Member

@cameronm-aka-backstroke

Locale: Los Angeles

I have never understood the appeal of anoraks. Perhaps it is only my personal challenge but my body temperature ranges wildly and the ability to unzip completely while doing an activity is very important. Similarly I have come to love vests as I can keep my core warm or unzip as needed but do not have to suffer overly warm arms. I have traded emails with Ben about a custom vest. But another topic is pockets, which some of the MontBells don’t have. I think that at least one zipped pocket is important.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools