Topic

Faces: Paul “Mags” Magnanti

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Faces: Paul “Mags” Magnanti

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eric Vann
    Spectator

@ericvann

Companion forum thread to: Faces: Paul “Mags” Magnanti

Paul “Mags” Magnanti is an active Backpacking Light contributor, a writer for Trail Groove Magazine, and a blogger. Learn more about Mags in this interview!

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Great article about my favorite blogger. I suggest everyone go to Mags site and subscribe to his blog.

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

I enjoy Paul M’s “simple and what works” approach to backpacking. His blog is always insightful. It was shocking however, to read in TrailGroove that he had given out the location of my secret backpacking spot in the Oglala Grasslands!!  I will now be forced to share stock tank water with another hiker, maybe even two hikers!

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

I’ve been wondering why the crowds at Lost Creek suddenly appeared since I moved to the region in 2009.  I took my daughter to Goose Creek last Memorial Day and not only was the little parkplatz full but  cars were lined up for 100 meters along the access road.  (It also happened to be the first beautiful weekend that year.)  So I guess I can blame Mags..

:)

More seriously- the western trailheads remain half-empty almost all year.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Mags always has great insights and photos.  In addition to his blog, BPL, and Trail Groove contributions he also co-hosts “The Trail Show” podcast!

Tom

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

Mags is great.  I finally got a sub to his blog imstead of checking it weekly

Daniel Sweeney
    BPL Member

@siskiyoudaniel

Locale: SWVA

Mags is a legend! Thanks for your awesome blog and all of your contributions to backpacking folks everywhere. Please keep it up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools