Topic

Evernew 1.3L — Handle insulation sliding?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Evernew 1.3L — Handle insulation sliding?

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Chris S
    BPL Member

@csc3

Locale: Alaska

I have used silicone glow fuel tubing on the handles of Snow Peak titanium cups; it is intended for the fuel lines of model airplanes and is designed to withstand engine heat. The type with a 1/8” internal diameter fits snugly on the handles and can be worked on with a little effort if you wet the handles first with water or silicone lubricant. Once it’s in place, the tubing doesn’t move and it provides a good grip. It is available in other diameters if the bail of your cup or pot is a different size. The Du-Bro brand is most common, and you can find it in any hobby shop or sold by the foot on eBay.

silicone tubing handles

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

Now that’s some solid info, right there.  Thanks!!

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

I’m going to try the silicon fuel-line solution. I’ll let you all know how it turns out…..stay tuned.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

I’ll let you all know how it turns out…..stay tuned.

Please do; I used my 1.3 all weekend and nearly had a mental episode over the insulation sliding around.

Andrew P
    Spectator

@ap_az

I just tried the silicone fuel line on my Evernew pasta pot as the red grips had torn.

On the bright side the silicone tubing is a perfect solution for this, but the 1/8″ I.D. tubing is slightly large for the Evernew handles. It still slips, but not as bad as the originals. I have some of the 3/32″ I.D. tubing on order and am hoping that’s a better fit.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

If those handles are the same size as the 1.3L handles, the .125″ ID hose will be just over .01″ too large.  3/32″ should be very snug.

Andrew P
    Spectator

@ap_az

3/32″ worked perfectly on my Evernew pasta pot. I pushed a little pit of foaming hand soap down the tube as lubricant and gripped the tubing with a kitchen towel. Once the soap fully dries there’s little or no movement. Outer diameter is a bit larger than the original, but the handles still fold down reasonably well.

Note that Du-Bro labels this size as “medium” just in case someone goes looking for it and cant find the inner diameter listed. 3/32″ isn’t printed anywhere on the packaging.

Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Thanks, Andrew: I was planning on ordering tonight and found some measurement-less sizes when I went looking. 👍

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

I tried silicone  1/8” internal diameter Du-Bro. Works great! It did take a little effort to get the stuff on. Now the handles are no longer hot, and, more comfortable (soft) than before. Thumbs up!

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools