Topic

Episode 58 | Benny Braden on Public Lands Stewardship

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Episode 58 | Benny Braden on Public Lands Stewardship

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Episode 58 | Benny Braden on Public Lands Stewardship

Andrew and Ryan talk with public lands advocate and accomplished backpacker Benny Braden about vandalism, stewardship, and social media.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Enjoy!

Scott H
    BPL Member

@cbk57

Listening to the podcast today so much trash everywhere, my son is in BSA and we do watershed clean up every year there is more trash, but I remember as a child in the 1970s in Illinois, my grandparents had a seasonal stream behind their house and they did not have garbage service, they just dumped their non burn able trash along the stream, they burned what could be burned but everything else was just dumped.  I had another relative that would pull up to a ditch along side a farm field he owned and would dump his trash in the ditch instead of pay for some sort of trash service in the town he lived in.  Believe it or not things might be better now than they were at one time.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Scott H, I believe it! This is what I was referencing when I mentioned the Cuyahoga. Like…is our current state hopeful or distressing? Kind of hard to figure it out. Thanks for listening.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools