Topic

Editing post not aloud?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Editing post not aloud?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

why can I not edit my gear swap post? I’m try to update my price.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

7 day limit on being able to edit. Some dumb limitation with the current software.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Thanks and agreed.

Amanda B
    BPL Member

@amandab

I just posted and I can’t seem to find an edit option anywhere, though. How do you edit a post within the 7 days?

Tipi Walter
    BPL Member

@tipiwalter

This about the worst spelling error I’ve ever seen—using “aloud” for “allowed”.  It’s fascinating as Spock would say but actually disturbing.

Or perhaps by editing a post such an act produces a noise or loud report?????  Editing post not aloud?  Is editing a post not yet loud enough???

Then again, perhaps the irony for someone who cannot edit a post is to use an obvious mistaken word to highlight the problem.  Btw, this last blurb was written using my edit feature.

Clue M
    BPL Member

@cluemonger

-B.G.- would scream aloud and not allow that post to go unchallenged.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Answer given in the other thread Amanda posted in today.

Short answer, no editing of first post in a thread. Seven day limit on posts that are editable.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Obviously titles cannot be edited at this time either.

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Only silent edits. That’s why we can’t hear them.

Note that the workaround on recent GS threads is to create a placeholder with the first post, then put the details in the second post. Still the seven day limit applies, and the thread title cannot be edited. Choose wisely.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools