Topic

Editing listings in Gear Swap!!!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Editing listings in Gear Swap!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Schultz
    BPL Member

@ataklife70

Can someone please tell me how to edit these posts on the new website? There was a symbol at the bottom of the posts on the old site and all you had to do was click on it to edit. I cannot seem to find where “edit” is at on this newer version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  (I see across the top of my reply posts I have two options : edit or reply but on the original post my only option is reply.) -Mike

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

click on “EDIT” at upper right of your post

oh – I see your point – the “EDIT” is only on subsequent posts, not the first one

(actually I just believe you, have no first posts of mine to look at)

there’s no indication of the post that I edited it, like on old website

M Jean
    BPL Member

@mchanaud-2

Locale: CT

Is there a special way to pull my Gear Swap posting for editing? I do not have the word “edit” anywhere on my screen when I pull it up using a regular search.

I have “Reply” and next to it a number “######” (presumably the number of my post). No where on the entire screen do I see the word “edit. ”

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Are you sure you are logged in?

And there is a one week time limit to edit.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Does anyone have the answer to this?  I tried to edit my Gear Swap post less than 24 hours later, I AM logged in, but there is nowhere on the screen that says “edit”; only “reply”, “report” and “#”.

Anyone?  [So annoying that you have to “bump” your post just to say that it’s sold!]

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Really, this is getting ridiculous.

If I ever put something on GS I will, as others have mentioned, start it with “Hey, I have some gear for sale — SEE NEXT POST!

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I was thinking the same myself Bob.

Amanda B
    BPL Member

@amandab

Yes, I just posted something about half an hour ago and realized I wanted to add something. I see no way to do that. Frustrating! If anyone comes up with an answer I’d be grateful…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Well the answer is that currently you cannot edit the first post of a thread. Just like others here have said. It is suppose to be temporary. But temporary here doesn’t mean the same thing to the rest of us.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools