Topic

Edit button is greyed out

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Edit button is greyed out

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Any post I make has the “edit” button greyed out if I attempt to edit it within a short period of time. Why?

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

This is what my screen looks like:

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

It still works, just misleading.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Thomas H
    BPL Member

@pth

Not sure how I feel about that.. I think not being able to edit the first post in a thread you started is annoying. Particularly when selling stuff as it is now not possible to remove or make note of things that have sold.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

It is not an issue after a week. The edit button is greyed out immediately after a post.

Ok – based on the informative posts, I seen that I can edit by clicking the button even though it is greyed out. I never received a response from the BPL site on this issue but, as usual the forum members responded. THANK YOU!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Ken,

Hovering turns the text from grey to blue.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Edit button does not exist at all for me. Yes, I mean on my own posts and logged in. I even hover my cursor over where the edit button should be, just to see if it reacts to a link that isn’t visible, but it doesn’t.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

The ability to edit your post has a time limit of seven days. After that there will be no edit button visible on your own post. Been told that it is some quirk with the forum software package.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Thanks. That kinda flies in the face of the preference for Gear Swap posters to edit thread title and post to indicate when an item has sold, (if it takes more than 7 days to sell).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

So on day seven edit your post and re-list. Free bump.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools