Topic

Eastern Canada July

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Eastern Canada July

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

So Im going to Montreal for work mid July. Been digging around Google for roadtrip + outdoor adventure after work duties are over. 5-7 days. Not considering Mid or Western Canada etc this time around.

Possibilities:

Prince Edward Island (more chill than aventure?)

Eastern Townships (looks like more chill road trip)

Cape Breton (you just drive around this place basically?)

Gros Morne (wow but far but worth it?)

Algonquin (meh, doesnt excite me but what do I know)

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Algonquin Provincial Park is beautiful and worth seeing, and not too far from civilization either. I’ve only canoed there, but there is a trail system as well. There will be lots of mosquitos in July but should be past black fly season.

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Maybe something in the Charlevoix region, where you could combine hiking, whale watching, paddling, and chillin’.  Mosquito warning, though…

OTOH, just stay in Montreal and walk around, visit the sights, practice your French, eat lots of great food — and in July, there are probably going to be at least a couple of different festivals happening.  Tons of quirky neighbourhoods to explore (urban hiking), lots of bike trails (rent one), or paddle on the St. Lawrence river.  It’s a kickin’ city, and I can’t wait to go back.  (Forever)

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Locale: US East Coast

I’m am soooo glad you started this thread. I am going to be in the same area early to mid August. Looking forward to what replies you get, and maybe a post-trip report (hint hint).

Sebastian O
    BPL Member

@loboseb

Well, Charlevoix looks pretty cool.

Algonquin not, looks like where I live (Georgia)

Gros Morne, too far for this trip.

So its Charlevoix vs Cape Breton….thoughts? :)

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

Cape Breton is pretty far — or were you going to fly there?  Driving means you’ll lose a day each going/coming…

And remember, wherever you go in the Quebec boonies in early-mid July:  mosquito warning!  (Don’t say we didn’t warn ya! :^) )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools