Topic

Down Jacket choice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Down Jacket choice

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

BTW, the LL Bean hooded down jackets have Down Tech down DWR. Personally I prefer down DWR despite claims that it “washes off” after 10 washes. I’ll take that B/C I’ve never, ever washed my down garments 10 times, or even 5 times.

I don’t understand down DWR “haters”. What’s not to like about it? I’m listening.

IF you wash your down garments frequently then you may not value down DWR but hey, at the least you have that DWR for a while.  It ain’t all “bad”.

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Uniqlo are slim fitting and not remotely winter wear except as a mid layer but excellent value if you don’t object to the use of a minimum labour workforce. I use mine around town or in summer
    I need the XXXL in the brand I find the cut similar to Patagonias Nanopuff but Patagonia don’t make an XXXL in the Nanopuff

Thomas G
    BPL Member

@tomgattiker

So I ordered the LL Bean Jacket for about 120 bucks on clearance.  A tall (which, being tall, I really dig) size med weighs 15 ounces on my scale.  For a size tall that seems like very comparable to other jackets in this category.

Thomas G
    BPL Member

@tomgattiker

I agree. What’s the problem (if i wash my jacket every couple of years at most)?

Thomas G
    BPL Member

@tomgattiker

Well if you are in windy sub 25 (above) without a puffy jacket during transitions, lunch etc, then you are tougher than I am!

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools