Topic

Dispatches from the Beartooth Plateau: Lake of the Winds

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Dispatches from the Beartooth Plateau: Lake of the Winds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryansat

Companion forum thread to: Dispatches from the Beartooth Plateau: Lake of the Winds

Live dispatches via satellite from an expedition in Montana’s Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness: Day 8 – Lake of the Winds

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

nm, I see photos are delayed.

Mark
    BPL Member

@drshane-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Northwest Wyoming

Ryan, I am so excited to read your posts, especially from days 8-12. Our troop will be following very much the same route next week on our High Adventure Trek. Pretty much everything I am teaching these boys about wilderness travel I learned from you in 2011on a BPL Bootcamp trip in the Beartooths when we traveled up the Stillwater and ended up at Jasper Lake on our last night. (Remember the great tenkara fishing for fat Cutts on our last morning?)

Your blog posts and photos make me even more excited to visit this remote part of the Beartooth Plateau. I picked this routed a few months ago as I was looking on the map to see where we could access the plateau, travel mostly off trail and then get back out. Interesting how our routes overlap on these 4 days. We will be starting down near Lily Lake and coming out at Fisher Creek. (Then maybe burgers in Cooke City!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools