Topic

Dirty Girl alternatives?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Dirty Girl alternatives?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Argh, my son can’t find his gaiters and it looks like Dirty Girl Gaiters’ site is broken and their emails are getting bounced. I don’t see anywhere else to order them online.

Any thoughts on where to find them or similar products? Maybe I should try to rig some Altra gaiters (he wears Cascadias).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Their Facebook page states,

DOWN FOR RECOVERY AND MAINTENANCE!
    Sorry for the inconvenience! We will be back on our dirty little feet soon.

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Altra two-point trail gaiters might work with the DG Velcro on his Cascadias; otherwise, you’ll need to buy and add some.

Outdoor Research Surge Running Gaiters are similar to the DGs, but they tried to avoid the Velcro in the back, with mixed results. If their bungee + silicone doesn’t work, you’ll need to sew or glue Velcro to the gaiters.

All other gaiters I’ve seen require a strap under the midfoot, creating many other problems.

— Rex

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

Altra gaiters come with Velcro stickers and seem about the same thing as DG.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I really like my Joe Trailman gaiters.

Jack
    BPL Member

@j4ck

Locale: New England

Skurka recommends Simblissity Levagaiter.

EDIT: Oops, looks like they are temporarily unavailable.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I had the Levagaiters…MUCH prefer the Joe Trailmans.

Pedestrian
    BPL Member

@pedestrian

+1 on Joe the Trailman gaiters; I have two pairs that I got a few years back and they’re still going strong.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve not heard of the Trailman gaiters and it sounds like the Altra gaiters will work fine (and are readily accessible on Amazon which meets my tight timeline issue).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Dirty Girl is back up and running. Mine worked flawlessly last trip, first trip.

https://dirtygirlgaiters.com

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

That is great news. Thanks for the heads-up, Ken. I agree that DGG are a great product and I really don’t have any desire to change to a new product as long as they remain available.

Other good news: I asked my son to clean his room (he didn’t argue) and he found his gaiters (yay).

We are set for next week. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools