Topic

Crossing the Adirondacks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Crossing the Adirondacks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Companion forum thread to: Crossing the Adirondacks

Ari Jutkowitz goes backpacking in the Adirondacks to the tune of 161 miles over the span of 8 days. He shares his thoughts and experiences.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Well that was just awesome.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

Well, Ike, that was quite compelling.

I was born and raised in an off-grid cabin on the border of the NW Adirondacks in the 80’s and 90’s. That is where I learned about Nature and how to move with it, so to speak. I have called the Northern US Rockies home for some time now, but have always appreciated the NE US and specifically, the ADKs for their unique NY :) Your photos and words bear witness to the area’s individual wonder if I dare say so. Truly well captured and well written. Thank you.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

Beautifully done!  Thank you.

Kevin B
    Spectator

@newmexikev

Locale: Western New Mexico, USA

Awesome! Now that’s a trip report!!!  Lots of positive judgement on your decision to get some soot on the titanium and drink the stove fuel.  Been there, thanks for rekindling the memories.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Wow. Awesome. Thankyou

bjc
    BPL Member

@bj-clark-2-2

Locale: Colorado

Almost made me homesick, certainly made me nostalgic.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

That was a great read. Beautiful photos and a deeply introspective narrative. Well done Sir.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Ari, you sure picked some of the roughest trails. Moose Pond Stream to Cold River, West Canada, etc…and all at 20mi days! WOW!  Great work!

Ted Lakomowski
    BPL Member

@ted4bp

Thanks Ari!  Amazing as usual, I really love your pictures!!

Eliot Levine
    BPL Member

@eliotlevine

Locale: Western MA

Thank you so much for such a wonderful story and photos! My 19-year old son, who did some of his earliest hiking at age ~7 in the Siamese Ponds Wilderness and Santanoni Preserve, also really enjoyed and was impressed by your account. Happy trails…

Francis DeRoos
    BPL Member

@fderoos

Ari,  That was some route and daily mileage for the Adirondacks!  inspirational to say the least.  Cheers to living life fully.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools