Topic

Cascade Wild Ultralight Table

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Cascade Wild Ultralight Table

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

In the latest “Complete Walker” Rawlins was enamored of hanging his stove.  The thin cables are cheap and light, all you need is a convenient tree limb or whatever.  Even works well in the wind.

Paul Campbell
    Spectator

@texaswilderness

I saw these a while back and actually ordered 2 a couple of days ago. It’s totally true you can meet most functions in camp without one, so it’s not a “necessary” item. However, I just like having a little spot to prep food or other stuff. Something up out of the dirt, mud, water, bugs, etc. Maybe I’m just a softie :)

When kayak camping I used a GSI Micro table http://gsioutdoors.com/micro-table.html and really just enjoyed it being available, but we were often camping on sand, and it did help stay out of the grit some.

These little tables don’t really bring peace of mind, solve a major issue, or generally transform the experience. But I like having them and I think that’s why a lot of folks try them out. I’m looking forward to giving mine a run and hope they are reasonably durable.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

A friend of mine uses an old cardboard box as a bodhran so this is multi-use gear.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Many of the campsites in PA have nice logs to sit on surrounding a fire pit.  I bought one of these tables because I thought it would be really nice to have the table on the log next to me rather than be reaching down 24″ below my back side to work with the stove.  We’ll see, but it will go on at least one trip.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools