Topic

Broken cap nozzle on smart water bottle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Broken cap nozzle on smart water bottle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Anyone else have the flip cap break apart from the nozzle on their smart water bottles?   Am I doing something wrong?  Any tips?

Would be a bummer to lose it and have to deal with water leaking out for the rest of the trip.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

An extra plain Smartwater cap seems like really good insurance on longer trips.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

How much use did your cap receive?

Kenneth Keating
    BPL Member

@kkkeating

Locale: Sacramento, Calif

Happens to me all the time.  Most of the time they don’t break, but  the plastic starts to tear at the hinge point and it’s very sharp.  I now always carry a spare cap

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Happens all the time. They’re not designed or intended for extended use.

But there are other water bottles out there with push/pull caps that don’t break… same size bottle and same plastic.

billy

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I buy an Aquafina bottle and put a Smartwater flip cap on it in early spring and pitch it in the fall.  I typically use it all summer without incident, including at my office.  Now that I’ve said this, I suspect I will be plagued with broken caps from here on out.

Kenneth Keating
    BPL Member

@kkkeating

Locale: Sacramento, Calif

The advantage of the Smart Water caps is they can be easily opened with one hand.  The push-pull caps are a little more difficult.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Plus the Smartwater bottle caps work to back flush the Sawyer filters that are so popular.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools