Topic

Brawny Gear – looking for information on gear made and sold by Brawny

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Brawny Gear – looking for information on gear made and sold by Brawny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

I have a silnylon anorak and rain pants suit made by Brawny that I bought years ago.  I know that she sold her designs to Anti-Gravity Gear, but I need some more info.  Did she market her gear as “Brawny gear” or something else?  Is here gear selling website still accessible anywhere?  Maybe archived somewhere?  thanks

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Sold stuff under Dancing Light Gear

Her name, Carol Wellman

http://www.trailquest.net

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaron_p

Locale: California

I still have one of her original Brawny Tarptents.  Very functional for it’s weight and seamless design.  That old website is really hard to navigate, and I think the Dancing Light Gear section may be missing now.  She also has a more recent blog that may or may not have relevant information about the old gear: https://brawnyview.blogspot.com/

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

Thanks for the info – I  couldn’t remember her brand name; I had one of her tarptents and it was excellent.

Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@pkh

Locale: Nova Scotia

I have had a raincoat and pants from Dancing Light Gear since 2003.  They are still in good condition, and remain in occasional use.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It was the Dancing Light Gear, Gram Weenie Silnylon Rain/Vapor Barrier Suit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools