Topic

BPL Moderator talent search

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support BPL Moderator talent search

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

So I guess  the member that posted and got auto deleted now cannot post because of the auto deletion.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

@ianb – yes, if a post is edited/moderated, I think a note like that from the mod is entirely appropriate. I don’t know about signing a mod’s name/initials, however, and I’m thinking about that. I like the transparency that comes with it, and it keeps mods accountable, but it invites potential division of the moderating team by the community. I’ve seen this happen elsewhere with negative consequences for the community (some of you likely know the forums that I’m talking about). Let me give it some thought.

@kat_p – working on that member’s account profile to try to fix it so they can post again…

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

This is the kind of thing I will try to fix if you ladies and gentlemen will elect me as a moderator.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Welcome back.

+1 w/Ian. It has worked for years with Roger. Anytime something gets deleted without notification I know a bunch of us assume it is you Ryan.

We can discuss your history elsewhere.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I don’t know, seems to me Michael is saying that he will “Make BPL Great Again!”

Scares me a bit. Next he’ll want to build a wall to keep White Blaze posters out, and make them pay for it….

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Good fences make good neighbors!

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

As an Australian, I can guarantee if elected to a moderator, I won’t build a wall, but “I will stop the boats”.

(boats not pakrafts).

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I’m voting for Ken, against Michael : )

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

My vote for moderator: Bob Gross

Would add some spice to this increasingly dull place.

billy

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Opps… I got a big reprimand from the boss of this place (name begins with an R).

Guess he can’t take a joke… and/or sensitive subject (BG).

If yall never hear from me again you’ll know why.

Billy

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Tossed my hat in the ring.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Post edited by mod to remove inappropriate content/violation of the principle “thou shall not incite wrath and rebellion unnecessarily” ^bpl ;)

Best of luck Ken.  You’ve got a lot of passion for this forum and would be a great moderator.

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Good job KT.  I too have volunteered.  I figure if I’m going to complain about some of the issues on here as many of us have done, then I should offer to be part of the solution.  If I end up as a moderator, I will moderate myself…. ;)

Jerry,

It doesn’t have to be either – or.  I think both KT and I would be great moderators.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Bob Gross for moderator!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Been a year now since Bob’s last post. Nice that he is missed. I will not be moderating here, just so you know.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

okay Michael, you can be moderator too : )

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Please pick someone not keen on making posts disappear without explanation. This keeps happening and it smacks of power tripping. Just happened again minutes ago, not to me but stil…

We know it’s not Roger, he’s not that thin skinned.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

+1 Kat

“And generally, yes, we’ll contact people if a post will deleted permanently.”

lol…

BPL Moderator Team
    Admin

@bpl

I ran a log of all the messages that have been moderated since Ryan posted the message above.

Several posts were deleted, by all forum mods/admins. In all cases where a post was deleted due to an issue where the content was deemed offensive or negatively inappropriate, a moderator note was left in the post and/or the author of the post was always contacted.

In the case where posts were deleted because they were off topic but relevant, those posts were moved to new threads and/or forums.

In the case where post content was ‘nm’, ‘deleted’, etc. (no message), or duplicated, or Gear Swap bumps, the post was deleted without further action on our part. Same for replies to posts where the author deleted the content. I trashed four of these types of posts this morning. These types of deletions will be logged but we won’t be contacting authors about them.

Otherwise, anytime a post disappears, we will contact the OP or leave a note.

Hope this clarifies.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Eric Vann.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Guess we will see.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Almost a year later. What happened?

Pedestrian
    BPL Member

@pedestrian

@here says: :”Almost a year later. What happened?”

And you’re still @here.

Sorry couldn’t resist.

And to quote that great poet Roger Waters (slightly paraphrased):

“The sun is the same in a relative way but you’re older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
    Plans that either come to naught or many a pages of scribbled forum threads
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the BPL way”

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

?

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools