Topic

Bonding Cuben Pyramid Apex

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Bonding Cuben Pyramid Apex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JOSEPH S
    BPL Member

@shofn006

Locale: Los Angeles

Hello all! I’m new to the forum, an ultralight ounce counting junkie and just about to jump into my first MYOG project. Plan is to build a pyramid similar to that of Locus Gear’s Khufu. I have all my dyneema 0.51 oz fabric, zipper, heavier dyneema for tie outs, tape ect. I’m planning on doing a fully taped-seam shelter (aka NO sewing). As I’m gathering all my final thoughts and walking myself through the process of building before I make that first cut I can’t quite visualize how to bond the apex of the pyramid. Does anyone have any pointers/insight here?

Much appreciated!

Joe

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Are you talking about the reinforcement pieces in the apex(what your trek pole handle will touch) or how to put all of the pyramid pieces together during the final stages of construction?

Ryan

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

JOSEPH S
    BPL Member

@shofn006

Locale: Los Angeles

Ryan,

Yes, I was referring to final construction stages of putting all the pyramid pieces together.

Link,

Thank you for all the “links”! I’ll be reading each and every post!

Joe

Chris B
    Spectator

@benzy-87

Hi everyone I am considering making a DCF tarp. I hear a lot about bonding and sawing. What is the process for this? Two sided tape then saw? Or saw then add a strip of DCF bonded to two sided tape? If any one has any videos or instructions this would be appreciated. Also any where to by DCF where it becomes cost effective to MYOG rather than by. Doesn’t seem like there is savings there?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

https://ripstopbytheroll.com/collections/dyneema-composite-fabric

$16 per half yard

maybe 8 yards to do a mid? – $256

Chris B
    Spectator

@benzy-87

Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools