Topic

Bluetooth Enabled Headlamps

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bluetooth Enabled Headlamps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Lane
    BPL Member

@kevinlane

Hello walking bellies if any are still here.  I was looking for a new headlamp and see some that are bluetooth enabled.  Please help this dinosaur understand that for which a headlamp would be enabled on bluetooth.

Thanks

Paddy

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Among the numerous “must have” features is –

Send a distress message in the case of an emergency.
    1) The Emergency screen allows you to write a short distress message which is then converted into a morse code light signal.

more …

https://www.petzl.com/US/en/Sport/News/2018-2-21/How-to-use-your-Bluetooth-headlamp

Time to step up to the future, you relic.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Technology has gotten pretty cheap and the world is turning Internet of Things (IoT).  Here is a blrub from Petzl:

Learning to pair your Bluetooth headlamp with the MyPetzl Light app can help you quickly check the remaining burn time and load specific lighting profiles before hitting the trail. This step-by-step tutorial will familiarize you with all the features offered by your Bluetooth headlamp.

Now, I don’t even program my AC/Heater, so a BT Headlamp would be useless to me.  My 2 cents.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

maybe you could have the light pulsed, sync’d with music you’re playing?

Bob K
    BPL Member

@seventy2002

morse code light signal.

If you turn on the camera will the app convert the “light flashes” to text? That would be cool, line of sight messaging.

Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

I like that idea – combining Bluetooth with Morse code. Next would be a smoke signal app.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

you’d also need a high tech way of receiving Morse code

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Jerry,

Bob K. (above) is writing that app.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Add a flash mode to send Grisly Bears into epileptic seizures

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

.- -. -.. ……. …. — .– ……. — .- -. -.– ……. — ..-. ……. ..- … ……. .- -.-. – ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.– ……. -.- -. — .– ……. — — .-. … . ……. -.-. — -.. . ..–.. ……. . …- . -. ……. – …. . ……. ..- … -.-. –. ……. -.. — . … -. .—-. – ……. ..- … . ……. .. – ……. .- -. -.– — — .-. . .-.-.-

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

.. – -.. .. -.. ·—-· -. ·—-· – – .-. .- -. … .-.. .- – . .– . .-.. .-.. .– .. – …. – …. . .–. .-. — –. .-. .- — .. .- — ..- … .. -. –. ·-·-·- .. – .. … .–. .-. . – – -.– ..-. ..- -. -. -.– – …. .- – .- – .-. .- -. … .-.. .- – — .-. . -..- .. … – — -. .-.. .. -. .

Who have thunk that there was a morse code to text translator online

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools