Topic

Blueboltgear.com soft launch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Blueboltgear.com soft launch

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    R
    Spectator

@autox

A few more questions:

• Do you have the VBL option?  If so, did it feel clammy?  What elevation are you at?
    • You mentioned rain – were you in a shelter or did the shell alone keep you dry?

Thanks!

Joshua S
    Spectator

@thejosh

Hey Rene,

I ordered it with the Vapor Barrier. Like I said before it was definitely the best liner I’ve felt in a sleeping bag (excluding separate silk liners). It does not get clammy against my skin, but I was between 27-35 degrees both nights and wearing base layers. Running my sweaty hand over the inner shell does not get sticky like my REI Magma or Kelty sleeping bags, so that is promising. It’s a much softer liner. I’ll be testing it out some more around Christmas, going on a short trip and tit’s supposed to be warmer (35-45f) so I’ll keep you posted on that. I’m just in Ohio – in December, so no mountains for me to test on and humidity is rather low when it’s freezing (elevation is ~1000ft).

I was under a tarp while it was raining and I stayed dry. There was some condensation/misting on the outside of the quilt in the morning but it dried very quickly. I was warm all night.

R
    Spectator

@autox

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for elaborating.  Great to hear the VBL stays comfy – it’s always humid when it’s raining.</p>

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools