Topic

Big Agnes Fly Creek HV1 Carbon with Dyneema Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big Agnes Fly Creek HV1 Carbon with Dyneema Tent

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

Eric, you will have seen the OAC ski videos of telemarking in flip-flops? I kid you not – reality is catching up with you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF4x9PQjmvA
    1:06

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I agree with Skurka that the Carbon Tiger Wall II is the best looking tent of the new BA Dyneema offerings, however, he is wrong when he says that BA is the first wholesaler to produce DCF tents. Terra Nova has been putting out the Ultra shelters for at least 7 years now.
    and I have pointed out that Brooks Range Mountaineering, Lightwave and Sierra Designs had one and Easton Mountain Products had 2.

rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

There must surely be a book waiting to be written on the introduction of Dyneema to backpacking tents…

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

You could add chapters on arch supports and pronation control, and drinking 8 L of water per day.

Cheers

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I had one of those Brooks-Range Rocket tents with the aluminized cuben. That was one warm, and very dark inside, shelter. That early aluminized cuben broke down pretty quickly though.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

Skurka reported that they are using .3 dyneema for the fly, which is concerning.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools