Topic

Bean Lifetime Warranty….. Gone!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bean Lifetime Warranty….. Gone!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

“Increasingly, a small, but growing number of customers has been interpreting our guarantee well beyond its original intent. Some view it as a lifetime product replacement program, expecting refunds for heavily worn products used over many years. Others seek refunds for products that have been purchased through third parties, such as at yard sales.”‘

It’s OK to be angry. People suck.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

I don’t know how they lasted this long.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I don’t blame them.

^^^the company..

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Some people are such idiots.  Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.  It’s called personal integrity.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Well, I broke the ’til death do us part’ bit (into little tiny bits, actually), so I can’t very well criticize LL Bean…

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

Read somewhere yesterday where a person was behind an older gentleman at the Maine store who demand a replacement on worn out boots he had for over 40 years.

Seth R
    BPL Member

@lerxst

Locale: Northeast

Daily occurence. Every time I bring something back to Freeport there is someone gaming the system.

Jenny A
    BPL Member

@jennifera

Locale: Front Range

I work for REI, and they found it necessary to do the same thing as LL Bean for the similar reasons about 5 years ago.  It has been a healthy change for the most part, and most of us appreciate the opportunity to help customers understand their purchases and get the most out of their gear.   A full one year return policy is still quite generous.   I have often found that if new items are going to fail, that often happens pretty quickly after the first few times out.  And many reputable manufacturers will go about and beyond to retain customer goodwill.

Good for L.L. Bean.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools