Topic

backup light

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) backup light

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    David Sugeno
    BPL Member

@davesugeno

Locale: Central Texas

I have a Rovyvon A5, and I have to say it is an incredible little light.  Works well clipped onto a ballcap, the luminous shell makes it easy to find in a dark tent, and I actually like the sidelight feature, which has a lantern-like effect, nice for ambiance, for reading, or to set in the gear loft as a tent light.  I can’t compare the two front LEDs, but I got the warmer nichia 219c and am very happy with it.  I’m surprised zpacks doesn’t offer this as an option, as I think there is a general preference for warmer lights.  I very highly recommend this light.  I have owned various handhelds and headlamps from Nitecore, Zebralight, Fenix, Princeton Tec, Black Diamond, and Petzl.  The A5 is my all around fave.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Thanks David! It is good to hear about your direct experience with the light.

Also good to hear perspectives about the strengths of warmer emitters.

I will probably try out an A5 soon.

tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

Matthew for ” I’ll probably keep my tiny loop of thin shock cord too. Options!” have you tried wrapping the shockcord and making a finger light with the tube?  I tried it, but have not found a combination I like.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

You can twist the cord into a figure 8 shape with the one end through the metal loop and the other over the front of the light. Then you put your finger under the X in the middle. Hope that makes sense.

I don’t use it that way much but I do put it around my wrist or around my trekking pole in my shelter frequently.

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools