Topic

Help Me Find a USB Rechargeable LED Flashlight

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Help Me Find a USB Rechargeable LED Flashlight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I am looking for a compact, lightweight LED flashlight or headlamp that can be recharged via USB. Serving double duty as an external power bank or anything else is optional.

The EasyAcc® U-bright fits the bill — except for its 2.7oz weight. My current flashlight uses just one AAA and weighs 0.6oz. with battery. I expect a rechargeable to weigh more, of course, but still hoping for something lighter.

Any recommendations?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

If you are still using a Steripen did you know the Freedom model also has a flashlight? USB recharge only. Happy hunting.

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

Have you seen the Nitecore Tube? Reportedly 45 lumens and 9.6 grams. Recharges via Micro USB.

I have played around with one briefly and it seemed rather nice.

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

Ben, take a look at this. I've played around with it in stores. Looks pretty good.

http://eu.blackdiamondequipment.com/en/climbing%2Fheadlamps/ember-power-light-BD620801CTRNALL1.html

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

There's also the ASP Sapphire, 20 lumens and 42.5 grams. Haven't seen one in action myself. Clip on is nice but maybe not nice enough for the extra weight.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks, everyone!

Chris Rhoades
    BPL Member

@crhoades

Peter Lester
    BPL Member

@peterlester

http://www.bosavi.com/ 2.1 oz on my scale

two pints
    Spectator

@madgoat

Locale: Ohio

I have one of the Bosavi headlamps. It is a nice, well thought out product.

-2.1 oz is pretty great.
    -It comes with a mount that you can put on your bike to use it as a bike light.
    -Charges using standard micro USB.
    -Has multiple flashing and non flashing modes.
    -You can easily lock out the modes you don't use so you don't have to cycle through them all the time. (I have mine set for red, low white, high white. I have locked out the red flashing, white flashing, and Optimum mode)
    -110 lumens in boost mode
    -battery life 65 hours low white, 12 optimum white, 6 hours high white
    -lock button to keep light from coming on in your pack
    -When you turn on the light, it comes on at the light level you last used

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools