Topic

1.43oz Cuben Fiber Stuff Sack Pack and Free shipping over $30

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
PostedFeb 1, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Finally settling back in at home after months of travel and adventure. Wanted to announce a new product I finished a run on this weekend.

Cascade Craftworks

It’s a stuff sack, it’s a daypack, it fits in your back pocket! Now you never have an excuse to be without a backpack when you need one.

Flat Dimensions: Approx. 12″ x 19″

Weight: 1.4oz

Constructed with 1.43 Oz Cuben Fiber in olive green.

Heavy duty ITW Nexus plastic hardware.

Fully adjustable flat lacing for tuning an agreeable fit.

All seams double stitched for durability

cubensummitpack

And Free Shipping Site wide on order of $30 or more with coupon code: FREESHIP115

Coupon expires 2/13

Cheers!

Nathan

Edward Jursek BPL Member
PostedFeb 1, 2015 at 11:51 pm

It's a Zimmerbuilt Summit Sack! It is an identical product. I just checked on Zimmerbuilt and the Summit Sack is no longer up on his web site, so the market for this kind of cuben sack is all yours for now. I love my Zimmerbuilt Summit Sack but yours appear to be, if I recall Chris's price, about $6 cheaper. It is a very useful design and at the price, I think a very good value.

Bob Gross BPL Member
PostedFeb 2, 2015 at 12:29 am

Alternatively, you can get a cheap nylon sack/pack of about the same size for $1.50.

–B.G.–

PostedFeb 2, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Nathan,

I encourage you to try adding a layer of Polartec 100 weight fleece into the surface of the pack integrate the pillow function in this little cute multi-use item.

In 'pillow bag' mode, the two length-adjustable cords(shoulder straps in submit pack mode) could be used to wrap around sleeping pad to secure the pillow position at night.

In 'submit pack' mode, the fleece should be at the 'mesh pocket' position comparing a normal pack so that…

In 'stuff sack' mode, by turning the whole thing inside out, the cord/straps and fleece are inside the sack to prevent dirt, getting in the way, etc.

Of course, the draw cord closure is less ideal than a zipper closure in pillow mode. Also make sure you refer HMG's pillow bag and Zpacks pillow bag.

PostedFeb 2, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Hey, that's not a bad idea! And looking at the HMG pillow sack length (10×14) the drawcord closure would still keep the dimensions similar with the top of my bag cinched. I'll mock one up this week and post results here.

Perhaps a soft shell material (schoeller dryskin or the like) could be used in lieu of 100 WT fleece to have more abrasion resistance when used in 'summit pack' mode.

Cheers!

PostedFeb 2, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Bob, submit to the pack or get the heck off the mountain ;)

Looks to be a gross autocorrect error…

EndoftheTrail BPL Member
PostedFeb 2, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Get off the mountain indeed! Who in his right mind would waste $1.50 on a cheap nylon sack when he can get a totally sexy cuben fiber sack for just $30?

Ben.
The Gear Enabler.

Terran BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2015 at 7:53 am

Can you do a custom with a couple more attachment points, so I could clip it on the back of my Porter? Perhaps a roll top even?

PostedFeb 3, 2015 at 8:25 am

Attachment points, yes of course. A roll top is a bit more problematic, as it requires a redesign of the bag. The drawcord closure and a roll top are mutually exclusive as far as I can tell.

Terran BPL Member
PostedFeb 3, 2015 at 9:37 am

Keep it simple anyway. If I can get your pillow protype with attachment points, I'm in. I'll probably order one anyway. That's pretty heavy cuben. I'll e-mail your site. Thank you.

PostedFeb 3, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Finished a pillow-sack prototype with some Schoeller Dryskin I had lying around.

pillow
pillow2
pillow3

Weight is 2.7oz

PostedFeb 4, 2015 at 2:18 pm

2.7oz with the Schoeller dryskin. Certainly lighter fabric options for this front pocket.

Terran BPL Member
PostedFeb 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm

My bag has made it from Portland to Houston to Little Rock, then back to Houston where it seems to be stuck bump.

Terran BPL Member
PostedFeb 27, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Porter pod

Looks to be well made. Shipped the day after my order. Post office decided to take a side trip through Texas. By the time it arrived at my house, I was headed to Colorado by Pheonix. Finally…3.3 ounces vs. Porter pocket 4.2 ounces. With 4 extra tiedowns.

PostedFeb 27, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Glad it finally made it. Looks like the add on straps worked for that attachment quite well, that is nice to see.

Cheers!

Terran BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2015 at 5:02 am

With Zimmerbuilt pocketsSlick clip

I used some slick clips from Zimmerbuilt for attachment. The weight I posted was with 6 slick clips.
The pillow pocket could be used for a water bladder or for a map pocket. It also serves to take stress off of the middle attachment points. With the Cuben side out, the middle attachment points take a lot of stress, in which case I would use some shock cord or simply leave them unattached.
Another option may have bee to line the attachment points up with my compression straps.
All and all, I am happy with the design. I like the color. The Cuben is the heaviest available for a stuff bag. The idea of custom stuff bags is very appealing as well. I am happy with the bag. Happy with the service. Well done!

My Zimmerbuilt pockets clip on to to the attachment points and shoulder straps with a forth clip on a belt strap. Top picture.

Terran BPL Member
PostedFeb 28, 2015 at 10:30 am

Rat pack

I'm liking tis little thing. Been playing with it all morning.

PostedFeb 28, 2015 at 1:21 pm

The sun is shining and I'm feeling generous.

Here's two more Coupons:

'ratpack' gives $3 off the Cuben Stuff Pack through 3/6/15

AND

'FREESHIP315' gives free shipping on orders over $30 through 3/12/15

Enjoy

PostedMar 1, 2015 at 8:55 am

Nathan –

Do you have a picture of the stuff pack being worn?

Edit: Too late…already bought one ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Loading...