Topic

New Bike for Daily Commute and Possible TransAmerican Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring New Bike for Daily Commute and Possible TransAmerican Trail

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I thought I'd show off my not so ultra-light daily commuter that I just got last month. I ride 6 miles each day from West Seattle to downtown Seattle and this new bike was been fantastic. My hope is to one day….soon….ride it from Oregon to Virginia.

My Bike

The bike weighs in at 28 lbs as shown. I'd say 26.5 bare. The frame is a tange prestige heat treated Soma Double Cross Disk that I had painted with a 'don't hit me' color. The frame weighs 4.3 lbs for 54 cm. The components are Shimano 105 and the brakes are Avid BB7's. The seat is a Brooks Cambium C17. The crank set is Sugino triple at 46, 36, and 26. The rear is 13 to 36 (I believe). I bought and installed a Dinotte 1,600 lumen front light which melts the asphalt on high beam.

As I said…I hope to one day load the bike up with my UL hiking gear and ride across the country, that's what this bike is made for. I didn't build it, I had my local bike shop do it for me.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Awesome bike. Thanks for sharing.

Morgan Rucks
    BPL Member

@rucksmtr

nice bike, enjoy it!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Sweet ride. I like the color. Pretty sweet component list. Have fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools