Topic

Podcast: Robert Hausam on the TGO Challenge

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast: Robert Hausam on the TGO Challenge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Knight
    BPL Member

@kenknight

Locale: SE Michigan

Companion forum thread to:

Podcast: Robert Hausam on the TGO Challenge

Kenneth Knight
    BPL Member

@kenknight

Locale: SE Michigan

Rob has been hard at work creating captions for the photos. Now you not only know when they were tkaen but also have more insight into the trip through his words and photos.

Enjoy…

** Ken **

Robert Hausam
    BPL Member

@rhausam

Locale: Central Missouri

If anyone is paying attention to it, I want to point out that the camera that I used to take these photos remained set to Salt Lake City time, so that is the time that you see, not the actual time that the photos were taken in Scotland. To get the correct time for Scotland you need to add 7 hours to the date/time that is shown.

Rob

Robert Hausam
    BPL Member

@rhausam

It turns out that I had a bit of kilometer vs. mile confusion when Ken asked about my typical daily distance—it actually was 15-18 MILES, rather than KILOMETERS, as I said. Over the whole trip it averaged out to just about 15 miles per day over a total of 13+ days.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I haven't listened to this podcast, but have been following two of the challengers (Bob Cartwright & Andy Howell) via their podcast — One man's podcast across Scotland – The TGO Challenge 2006.

I have really enjoyed following their hikes and interviews with the various challengers. Unfortunately, most of the town and geographic names are unknown to me so some of it is "casting pearls before swine."

Check it out at the link below or on itunes.

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page87.asp

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

I haven't listened to this podcast, but have been following two of the challengers (Bob Cartwright & Andy Howell) via their podcast — One man's podcast across Scotland – The TGO Challenge 2006.

I have really enjoyed following their hikes and interviews with the various challengers. Unfortunately, most of the town and geographic names are unknown to me so some of it is "casting pearls before swine."

Check it out at the link below or on itunes.

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page87.asp

Robert Hausam
    BPL Member

@rhausam

I also highly recommend these podcasts. Bob's podcast series from the 2006 Challenge was one of the key factors that sparked my interest in joining the Challenge this year, and Bob and Andy's combined series from this year is also excellent and even more extensive. Andy interviewed me when we met up at Tarfside (Part 11) and I was with Bob and several others (photo #53) when we reached the east coast at Stonehaven (Part 13). There are also a number of podcasts from earlier years, which are all very good and interesting. And then there is the one from December 2006 with Chris Townsend on route planning for the Challenge. I found it to be quite helpful in my own planning for this year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools