Topic

MLD Pack Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MLD Pack Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

Sale Ended

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

Awesome! Thanks Ron!

John S
    BPL Member

@yamhill

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I may be in the minority, but I don't do facebook. Is the sale info available elsewhere? What models and sizes are on sale? Do you have a coupon code?

Ryan T
    BPL Member

@aegypti_guy

Locale: Worldwide

Awesome. Thanks a lot Ron.

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Ugh, love MLD but hate Facebook. I was looking for a MLD pack too, but won't join Facebook at any price. Ron, this offer should be open to anyone, not just Facebook users.

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

Agree with above…..like your products – can't stand facebook

John Higgins
    BPL Member

@sliggins1483

+1 on no facebook

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Every deal does have to be all inclusive.

Thanks Ron for everything.

David Ure

@familyguy

I like MLDs Facebook page. A ton of great reports from the field and sharing of information. I quite like that "we" hear of sales first. It is a nice reward for participating on the page.

Suck it up.

; )

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

Ken – You are right, sales do not have to inclusive. However, if your goal is to actually sell products, it helps to be inclusive. I get the idea of fostering a clubby kind of exclusivity, that the sales are open to cool kids on Facebook. I also get the power of Facebook as a marketing tool to connect with your customers, foster "community" blah, blah, blah, create "synergy" and "leverage" blah, blah, blah. Facebook ends up being good for Facebook, good for the company that is on Facebook, but less good for the individual consumer and the idea that we own our personal information and data. Imagine, back in the day, if your telephone company sold the contents of your telephone calls to marketers. So it goes.

Dave – I just can't help feeling manipulated. It feels less like "suck it up" and more like "bend over." That said, I really want an Exodus pack!

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

I've personally drifted away from Facebook but did pop on in to check the sales.

I am loving my Exodus, although I haven't taken it outside. The details are very nice and well executed, it feels great with a load in it while "testing fit" in the house. I went with the suspension upgrade and feel that the inflatable adds a lot to the carry. I don't know if all of them are like this, but my version with the suspension includes zig zag side compression and it, along with the base pack dimensions, make this a very versatile and comfortable frameless pack.

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Ron's page is pretty much the only reason I'm on FB. I use a dedicated browser, separate from other functions, and enabled ad blocker software to improve the signal to noise ratio. I post something once in a blue moon on my timeline, and I adjust my privacy settings so I'm not broadcasting to everyone when I do post. I purge my timeline about once a year, which takes 1/2 hour tops. It may not work for everyone, but by limiting what I divulge there I don't consider my privacy invaded. Heck, it's less intrusive than Amazon's emails or Chrome ads, both served up based on browsing history.

The pack sale was limited to stock on hand – maybe about a dozen packs total – which is probably why Ron didn't broadcast the details elsewhere. He asked people to respond to the thread before ordering. That would have gotten really unwieldy on an open forum like BPL.

David Ure

@familyguy

"Dave – I just can't help feeling manipulated. It feels less like "suck it up" and more like "bend over." That said, I really want an Exodus pack!"

LOL.

I limit most of my Facebook connections to cottage gear pages. But I agree, I am not sure I like to be forced into any social media experiment. But I offset this with gear deals…and funny posts from Ken.

John S
    BPL Member

@yamhill

I mentioned the facebook only sale for backpacking gear and my friend replied, "the ultimate irony — facebook and backpacking".

I don't think it quite ranks as "the ultimate", but I do find facebook specifically and social media in general and almost any actual physical activity an irony. — Wait, is this social media?? hmmmm.

You all are too funny… And, yes, facebook is evil.

Edward Jursek
    BPL Member

@nedjursekgmail-com

My UL gear obsession, coupled with my minimalism obession is also pretty ironic. I need more gear so I can carry less gear! I also appreciate the irony of being a cheap skate and then knocking MLD for holding a sale, because I could not take advantage of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools