Topic

Using the Instaflator inside a tent.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Using the Instaflator inside a tent.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Contrary to some of the comment I see , the Instaflator can be used inside most tents.
    Much easier if you cut it down to about 5' (will now inflate a Neo Air in 3 air loads) and then simply put the valve at the other end of the tent , like this :
    Instaflator inside a tent

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I like my Instaflator, but admit, I will be using the little Mini Pump more than it on cold weather trips…

Mini Pump

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I like that with the mini pump I can be doing something else while my pad is being inflated for me. It's nice to have choices. I like with my Ridgerest that I don't worry about inflation or punctures at all. Same with a hammock.

jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

Yeah, I agree. Instaflator can work inside too. Nice to know cutting it down will only add one more cycle. Is there any other pump though that weighs in at the same weight and works decent? Better question might be what is the lightest pump outside my own breath?

jimmyb

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I don't use the Instaflator when hiking but just posted the above for those that do but never tried to use it inside their tent.

Last time I camped I used a mate's Exped schnozzle.(because it was there…)
    That one is more like the type used for rafts so much shorter and wider.
    Not sure of how it compares in capacity and weight, my shorter Instaflator with home made Neo Air adaptor is about 40g

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools