Topic

Cinnamon Roll Pan Biscuits

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Cinnamon Roll Pan Biscuits

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Is it dessert? Or an indulgent breakfast? I came up with this as an answer to an overly complicated recipe that Backpacker did this week.

CinnamonRollBiscuit1

Cinnamon Roll Pan Biscuits

Pack in a sandwich bag:

• ½ cup Bisquick® baking mix or similar
    • 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
    • 2 Tbsp raisins
    • 1 Tbsp dry milk
    • ½ tsp ground cinnamon

Also take:

Directions:

Add ¼ cup cool water to biscuit mix bag. Knead gently or stir until a batter comes together.

Heat a non-stick skillet or wide/shallow pan over a very low flame. Add in 1 packet of oil, heat. Drop biscuit mix into 4 portions. Cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes, lifting pan above flame as needed to prevent burning.

Drizzle on remaining oil over the tops, flip over and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.

Serve with frosting on top.

Makes 4 biscuits, about 2 servings.

Galen Benson
    BPL Member

@wanttoknow

For some reason the http://www.trailcooking.com website comes up server not found. Is there an issue with the site or is it on my end?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Site works fine,now

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

These look good… but they also look like cinnamon pancakes with raisins and a poor excuse for maple syrup.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Hey Ben, hush you ;-)

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

It is fine now, I'll bet it was a server maintainice issue :-)

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Locale: Bay Area

They sure do look good.

On recent short overnight to the coast I brought a tube of the Pillsbury Cinnabon cinnamon rolls and steam-baked them (delicious). Not sure how long a tube would last out of the fridge though. Mine only had to last the few hours from car to camp.

Anyways, my original point was that these come with a nice little disposable packet of the cream cheese icing, if you don't want regular frosting. Next time I'll pilfer an couple icing packets and try out this recipe.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

That'd be tasty as well :-)

Rebecca Canode
    Spectator

@bcanode

Looks like a great breakfast. I know my boys would love that! I need to plan a trip now so we can try it out! Thanks for all of your recipes. I often share them with our Boy Scout Troop and several have become Troop staples on backpacking trips.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Thank you! :-)

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Sarah, thanks you so much for alerting us to the frosting tubes.

Now I'll just get those and forget the rolls. I can "administer" frosting directly from the tube to my mouth. Kinda like putting a Reddi Whip nozzle in you mouth! Ooooeeee! Sugar high (and crash) here we come.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Lol..they even sell frosting in metal cans now, kind of like squeeze cheeze.

Hehehe…….

Michael Haubert
    BPL Member

@socalmike

Locale: So Cal

@Sarah:

Thanks for sharing this. Sounds delicious. Any reason we couldn't just mix this up and bake it as a giant cinnamon roll? I suppose it would work just fine.

Michael

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

You can! It is easier to flip it as a small circle, but as long as you watch it, you can do it all at once :-)

Bob Shaver
    BPL Member

@rshaver

Locale: West

You present a wonderful treat, once again. thanks!

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

In this video Shug shows how he was able to dry bake using an alcohol stove. He shows a variety of baking pots/pans.

He also shows how he used the simmer stove(Fancee Feest) to fry biscuits in a pan. Not the easiest thing to do :-)

YouTube video

Michael Haubert
    BPL Member

@socalmike

Locale: So Cal

Using Sarah's recipe, I used dry baking method to come up with this instead of the fried rolls she made:

MichaelCinnamon Muffin

My timing was a little bit off; the bottom got a little "well done" but looked worse than it tasted. I enjoyed mine with some butter, but some frosting would be fantastic.

Thanks again, Sarah!

Sincerely,

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Michael, looks good!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools