Topic

Backpacking Light’s News Digest: No. 1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Backpacking Light’s News Digest: No. 1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

Backpacking Light's News Digest: No. 1

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Good job Eric
    I did find some newer things to read, so thanks agin.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I think that it is smart to be able to leverage the knowledge/information from other websites and using BPL as a hub to pass along the information.

As I said, BPL should strive to be the best UL/Lightweight backpacking resource out there, which drives more people to visit the website.

Does not bother me that it is not all original content…key is that I learn something.

Looking forward to future issues.

Tony

Curtis B.
    BPL Member

@rutilate

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I enjoyed this newsletter and collection of resources. This was a helpful collection of bookmarks to add. Keep this up!

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I like it.

Hope it doesn't disappear with all the other planned periodical stuff that never panned out.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

opps… double post.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Good so far.

Just an editing thing, and it might be just me, but could you put the hyperlink in the first part of each snippet, eg hyperlink the bold start of the paragraph? Makes it much easier to find it and click and open it, especially if speed reading through.

Otherwise excellent :-)

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

I've thought for a while the main weakness of BPL was that so much talent was diffused all over the internet. There is nothing quite like BPL when it comes to gear reviews and technical articles but lots of other websites publish similar trip reports and stories. Posting links on BPL is a good strategy, sort of like Hendrick's "Week in Review." He doesn't post much of his own stuff these days but all the links make his site worth checking.

John Little

@xjohn

Locale: Midwest

I almost didn't renew. It seemed like everything was 2 years old or longer. When I saw the renewal request I noticed that the content looked different. This is really nice. The layout and content are what I and I think most people appreciate and would expect.

Nice job!

John

Jim H
    BPL Member

@jraiderguy

Locale: Bay Area

I really like this series. I have an RSS fees that is too big to keep up with, and I like the idea of having a catered list of items every couple weeks. Good stuff!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

I like trying new things.

Most things I try will be duds.

Hopefully we can get a few gems out in the process :)

Brent Mathews

@bmathews

Very cool collection of articles… I like it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools