Topic

Winter Stove Discussion – 2014

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Winter Stove Discussion – 2014

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Mitch Chesney
    Spectator

@mchesney

Just an update since this discussion began…
    Originally I had the MSR Dragonfly in my cart and ready to buy, but the discussion on this thread changed it to an MSR XGK-EX until someone pointed out the technology behind inverted canisters. Since my usual winter temps rarely dip below -10F it would seem an inverted canister is the right way to go. Having purchased the Kovea Spider I am initially impressed – although I can see why Roger is making a lighter version… there are a few pieces that should not be steel IMHO. Anywho… I managed a 30s rolling boiling reduction (4cups at room temp) by using an aluminum flashing reflector plate placed directly under the burner head, supported by the inner leg step. I hope to improve the efficiency a bit before winter sets in the Sierras.
    Kovea Spider

Viewing 51 post (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools