Topic

Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 7

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

Beyond Our Boundaries: Episode 7

Adam Klags
    BPL Member

@klags

Locale: Northeast USA

Hey guys, good job so far, nice to see the hiking going well. Just one thing I wanted to mention with the best of intentions. I noticed the kids using their poles in a few scenes, and they are classically pushing them forward and "braking" when they should be using them more like a ski poll – pushing forward rather than sticking them out in front of them while hiking up hill, for example. Watch this great BPL video that explains it way better than I could:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/hiking_poles_technique#.U3WnpS9RHy0

I just wanted to post a friendly note and that link, in the hopes you'll be able to view this video at your next internet stop. Those trekking poles can be your best friend when used correctly, but they'll actually harm your hiking when you use them incorrectly. Happy trails and wishing you guys great weather on the trail.

kevin sickles
    BPL Member

@kevinsickles

i have really enjoyed this series, I see episode 8 is on the Toe Salad site, Will it be posted to Backpackinglight?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

New episodes/articles on Tuesday.

marjolein Keuning
    BPL Member

@laincha

Locale: netherlands

why are the articles published so late?
    i can see the article on toesalad.com days earlier, but then I have to pay for acces, which I already do here….

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

This is part of a Kickstarter campaign where the first few are free but then you pay to watch the rest. To my knowledge, this was just for promotional reasons only and isn't being funded by BPL membership money.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dtougas/beyond-our-boundaries-a-family-backpacking-video-s

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/interview-with-tougas-jordan.html#.U4yK95SzDZc

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

All episodes will be published here, but there may be times where there is a delay between when they are published at Toe Salad, and when they are published on BPL. There are a lot of logistics involved in getting these published as we go. When episode 8 was published on Toe Salad, so many things were flying during that town stop that I forgot to email BPL with the new video code. It should be published here this week, along with episode 9.

This project was not funded by BPL membership money. BPL was very supportive with publicity during our campaign though, so we are letting them publish here too.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Very nice of your family to post the other videos here Damien.

Many thanks!

marjolein Keuning
    BPL Member

@laincha

Locale: netherlands

Absolutely, it's just that we are all enjoying it so much Damien.
    I find it incredible how you organized the logistics.
    Don't worry about grumbling masses: see it as a compliment…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools