Topic

Jiva Coffee Cubes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Jiva Coffee Cubes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

Jiva Coffee Cubes

icefest From Australia

@icefest

This sounds quite like instant coffee with sugar. Artisan instant, but still instant.

Spyros Fykas
    Spectator

@lightgear

Locale: Europe

Too much pre-processing, in my opinion. In the end, we will be fed with food cubes:
    1 cube food for salad and 1 cube food for main course.
    I just don't like it. Too robotic.
    I prefer to see real coffee and, if possible, real coffee beans. And of course, eat real food. Thank you for the review.

Koen Derks
    Spectator

@pantalaimon

Locale: Netherlands/Norway

What about BPL related use?
    Website says one cube weigths .5 oz right?

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

OK, so each cube weighs .5 oz., and it takes 2 cubes (1.0 oz.) to make a real cup of joe, right? That same ounce will get you 7 packs of Starbucks Via, and they don't have that foo-foo sweet stuff in them.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

All comments noted, no problem.
    Fwiiw, I drink filtered (ie real) Espresso-blend ground coffee, black, no sugar. Even out back.

Cheers
    Edited to clarify what I meant by 'Espresso', and to spell it correctly. :-)

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"Fwiiw, I drink filtered (ie real) Expresso, black, no sugar. Even out back."

You haul an espresso machine out there to get the required 10 bar (135 psi) pressure?

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

Thanks for the review. Looks like Starbucks Via is still the only way to get a decent cup of black coffee without going as far as cowboy coffee.

I'll pass this on to my wife. She like the sweet stuff. I just don't care for any sweetener at all.

Michael Gonzales
    BPL Member

@dynomo01

Locale: Southeast

Thanks for the review. Nice to know that others prefer coffee for the pure taste of coffee not additives. The Jiva coffee cubes will not be in my backpack.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I was hoping that a block of coffee flavored sugar would at least boast some decent calories as a silver lining but alas, only 30 calories.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"I was hoping that a block of coffee flavored sugar would at least boast some decent calories as a silver lining but alas, only 30 calories."

Try to look at the bright side. Those 30 calories will support the metabolism of ~65 calories of body fat(7 grams). ;0)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Good, just what the marketplace needs. Another mediocre instant coffee with a gimmick.

Like coffee? Here's a read.

A Beautiful Cup

We use to get articles like that one all the time.

@ Roger Since this product is of no real interest to you, why the review?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"@ Roger Since this product is of no real interest to you, why the review?"

My humble guess is that he thought it might be of interest to others on this site – and I'll bet it is (though not me, I'm a black, no sugar coffee guy myself).

It's easy to forget, but I believe there's a large (relatively) population of folks who visit this site who are not exceptionally weight conscious (I'd be one of those) and who like sweet coffee. They just don't post. Big lurker population, I think.

Edit to add: oh, and they were free….. :-)

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Why would anyone go and ruin a coffee with sugar?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Lurkers. Oh yeah, them.

Carry on.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

"Fwiiw, I drink filtered (ie real) Expresso, black, no sugar. Even out back."

I call BS. Anyone who actually gives a poo about real coffee would call it espresso, not "expresso".

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

I thought it was Australian slang.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Why? Doug I has it right. I thought some readers might be interested.
    Oh – and spelling corrected. :-}

Cheers

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

While I am normally a black coffee drinker, the best coffee I ever drank was a sweetened coffee in South America. If this coffee is anything like that, I'll be one happy hiker.

Jiva ordered.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Any Australian BPL readers can have the left-overs for the cost of P&P within Oz – say $10. (Postage to USA is ~$25 – may not be worth while?)

There's about 23 standard Jiva packets and at least one of each of the other flavours, if not more.

Cheers
    [email protected]

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

"You haul an espresso machine out there to get the required 10 bar (135 psi) pressure?"

There's always the Handpresso.

(No, I'm not crazy enough to carry it in my backpack. But it has gone car camping with me.)

Will Inman
    BPL Member

@empacitator

Locale: Western Australia

Hi Roger, just sent you an email. I'll take them off your hands and give them a try!

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

"While I am normally a black coffee drinker, the best coffee I ever drank was a sweetened coffee in South America. If this coffee is anything like that, I'll be one happy hiker."

+1. I normally drink coffee as black as my soul but I've had some sweetened Turkish coffee in the Balkans which was pretty dang good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Why would anyone go and ruin a coffee with sugar?"

Because there is a lot of swill out there masquerading as coffee, which can only be improved by adding an adulterant.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!