Topic

30 inch Sleeping Pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 30 inch Sleeping Pad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nick K
    BPL Member

@nkline

Locale: Northeast U.S.

Hey Guys,

So I'm searching for an inflatable sleeping pad that meets these specs:

– 30" width, 70"+ length
    – summer/fall temps in eastern US
    – under 2 lbs.

So far, the closest match I've found is the Nemo Cosmo Air 30XL at 2 lbs 2 oz but rated to 30-40F. I really wish Therm-a-Rest made the NeoAir XLite and XTherm with a 30" width (hint, hint if they're reading this!).

Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    hwc 1954

@wcollings

I have a 30 inch NeoAir. It's actually the new NeoAir Dream for car camping, but inside it is the 30 inch NeoAir Camper model that can be used by itself for backpacking. It has two different packing options — folded in half for a skinny 15 inch "bedroll" configuration or folded in thirds for a thicker short package. Both are easy to manage and fairly light at just over 2 pounds.

Super comfortable. Especially the Dream configuration, which also provides a ton of protection to the mattress.

I didn't think switching the Dream to the NeoAir made sense — why bother for a car camping product. But, I've completely changed my mind. It's two products: the best car camping mattress ever and a fantastic backpacking mattress.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Now if they would just up the R value…

Nick K
    BPL Member

@nkline

Locale: Northeast U.S.

*politely winks and nudges the cottage industry* ;-)

Valerie E
    Spectator

@wildtowner

Locale: Grand Canyon State

OK, I know it's only 26" wide, but how about the newly-released Exped Synmat MW? 19 oz.

John Martin
    BPL Member

@snapyjohn

Locale: Pacific NW
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools