Topic

The Grocery Sack Grows Up: A Genealogy of the Modern Ultralight Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The Grocery Sack Grows Up: A Genealogy of the Modern Ultralight Backpack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT
    outdoors *
    BPL Member

@outdoors

Locale: Michigan

Seems most of the Cuben haters have never picked the stuff up and used it. Yes it is $$. I have never bought a pack and expected it to last 10 years or even 5. Its laughable that most on this forum are not thru hikers and will never put to the test as what Joe from Z Packs says. "Good enough for one thru hike, but most people don't so it should be good for many years of usage."

Do you throw your pack on the ground at a rest?

Use it as a sled to down scree?

Most of us carry a mini roll of duct tape. Use it if you get a hole and stop crying.

Arc Blast in tow. No holes. Do I take care of it. Yes. Am I a weekend warrior NNSFS? No

We all have bias in life. Some times it is so easy to spot in a review, then claim it does not fit into my hiking style, or claim you are free climbing granite all day with your pack on.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

^ Wow. OK, feel better?

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

What is amazing is that when ANY Zpack gear is FS in the Gear Swap forum it is snapped up literally within minutes.

So, there are plenty of Zpack aficionados out here.

Order wait times are another indicator.

David Ure

@familyguy

Nm

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

'Lots' relative to what? Also plenty of WTB for Zpacks gear… Why is that? People are selling all kinds of other nice gear… why is that?

However, it appears that recently some people are simply upgrading, say from a Hex Twin to a Hex Duplex. There were a couple of people who wanted to trade or upgrade simply for the new camo material that just became available.

But, getting back to facts, which of my statements was incorrect?

David Ure

@familyguy

NM

David Drake
    BPL Member

@daviddrake

Locale: North Idaho

You know, Dave, I've been on BPL a few years now, and have learned a thing or two from your comments. But more often than not, your attitude kills it. I've looked around on Backpacker.com, and your M.O. there seems pretty much the same.

What is it with you? Are you this aggressive and rude in real life? Or do you only feel comfortable behaving like this online?

outdoors *
    BPL Member

@outdoors

Locale: Michigan

Sold a Duplex to buy a Duplex. Wanted camo. Sold at full price. Threw in a ground sheet for good karma.

Gear turnover is gigantic in this business. If it wasn't you would not see this website, and about 3/4 of companies you depend on to craft your outdoor wares. If one thinks all people care about is the lovely outdoors, then I start laughing. Gear junkies unite.

Doesn't mean it is all bad or good gear being sold. I also don't think you will ever see in Gear Swap. I hated it, piece of junk now buy it from me.

Again I say how many have really put on a Cuben pack or slept in the tent, that tend to poo poo it all the time?

Really on the feelings part. I feel like I am talking to my second grade son. Lets keep it to a higher level than that.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

"Have I hurt your feelings? LOL."

Pretty sad, Dave.

David Ure

@familyguy

"You know, Dave, I've been on BPL a few years now, and have learned a thing or two from your comments. But more often than not, your attitude kills it. I've looked around on Backpacker.com, and your M.O. there seems pretty much the same.

What is it with you? Are you this aggressive and rude in real life? Or do you only feel comfortable behaving like this online?"

No problem Dave. Glad you have learned a thing or two.

Deleted previous posts because challenging the status quo is no longer permitted. That is what is really sad.

Viewing 11 posts - 51 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools