Topic

Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Where to buy an ultralight 2 gram finger tooth brush?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pedro Arvy
    BPL Member

@pedroarvy

Locale: Melbourne

I am looking for a finger tooth brush, the ones that are handed out in jail apparently. They weigh only 2 grams. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

You'll find a variety of infant and toddler toothbrushes on Amazon, which are pretty much (maybe exactly?) the same thing. I recently purchased http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NKL4JE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which works fine. Warning though, it comes in at a whopping 4 grams on my scale.

Pipsissewa Online
    BPL Member

@pipsissewa

Go to your local pet supply store and get a finger toothbrush for dogs like these:

finger toothbrushes

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

They also sell finger toothbrushes in pet stores but I'm not sure of the weight or if they are exactly the same. Edit slow on the draw

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Now you just have to make sure you hands are nice and clean before sticking fingers in your mouth. I'll stick with a real toothbrush.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

I grabbed one of these off my shelf to use in the woods. I found the bristles really stiff and uncomfortable, so don't be too enthusiastic with your brushing at first or you may gouge your gums. Now I don't recommend them for my patients, especially not for cats or tiny dogs.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Zpacks has a good one, nice and short. A full tube of travel tooth paste and the brush come in at .7oz.

Could I go lighter? Yes I could use the paste that comes in the Zpacks kit, but it's only good for two or three nights and I would have the hassle of refilling it often etc. Some people dehydrate it! Clean teeth are important to me, and me sticking my hands deep in my mouth just to save 1 gram does not appeal to me.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

"Now I don't recommend them for my patients, especially not for cats or tiny dogs."

I've never had a good experience trying to put a finger in a cat's mouth :) Like jamming your hand into a box of fish hooks with your eyes closed!

I just use a travel toothbrush and a little squeeze vial of get toothpaste and live with the enormous weight and bulk.

kristen buckland
    Spectator

@buckie06

Locale: Colorado

Oral B Brushes, does anyone remember theses? I wonder if they still make them:

YouTube video

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools