Topic

Changing the chronological order of the thread responses?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Changing the chronological order of the thread responses?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mitch Chesney
    Spectator

@mchesney

Sometime since the last I logged in I have found the responses have switched chronological order on me. So now the original post is 3 pages deep and the newest responses are up front… makes catching up with old threads annoying. So I change the drop-down from "Date (Reverse Chronological)" to "Date (Chronological)" but that simply redirects the page to an empty thread with the URL (http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?mb_sort=) and the following blank error message "The specified forum thread no longer exists or never existed." Doesn't change anything. Ideas?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

You've found the right box to check, but I can't tell you how to make the change "stick".

I've experiences the same thing, and through hit-and-miss have been successful.

Like, make the change, hit Recent Threads, then select the thread of choice….

.. similar to swinging a dead cat three times counterclockwise while facing east.

Mitch Chesney
    Spectator

@mchesney

Well your method was true but the standing east part was wrong, I needed to face north and it was a goat to swing.

FYI to anyone else with the same issue, I selected the correct drop-down menu option, it took me to the error page, I selected View My Profile from the right panel –>

And then selected the most recent post in the "All Forum Posts by …" panel which brought me back here. Seems to work now. Weird.

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

I've also experienced this lately, and its really annoying! Some weird bug has crept into the system, hope they can fix it. I've never been a fan of reverse chrono, as with bigger individual posts you end up reading down and scrolling down, then having to scroll up to the top of the next post, then down, then up again,,,,ahhhh!

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Adam, have you tried standing on your head? ;-)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Anyone file a support ticket in hopes that it reaches someone who knows how to fix it, and care enough to do so?

Don't think it's Ryan. Last I'd checked he can't use a phone.

And can the name be changed back to Forum Admin. and Support?

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

"And can the name be changed back to Forum Admin. and Support?"
    +1

The name is misleading and confusing. Ken are sick of fighting with each other!

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

That's worse Miguel, then I find myself holding the mouse upside down, and scrolling up is down and down is up. Bahhh.

L Lanian
    BPL Member

@lanian

Locale: California, U.S.A.

It's fixed! yay!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools