Topic

Lighter Flashlight Headband

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lighter Flashlight Headband

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Barton
    BPL Member

@bartonhodges

While looking for a lighter headband for my ZebraLight H51w, I found that the Klarus Headband works great and is 17 grams, compared to the ZebraLight headband at 24.8 grams.

I haven't found a lighter one with the same comfort level, yet…

klarus

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Locale: US East Coast

Any chance that Kens referenced link not working is a solitary event? (PS: I accidentally reported your reply Ken. Sorry.)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Hey thanks Ken. I hope a in-site search function upgrade is on order sometime in the future.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

How about stitching, essentially, a button hole into a cap or fleece beanie you already bring with you?

Then, when you want a headlamp on your head (i.e. when in camp), put on the hat and put the H51’s clip through the button hole.  Weight: nothing more.

P.S. for hiking down the trail, clip it on your waist band.  You want a light lower than your head or you’ll wash out all the shadows of bumps and dips and trip a lot more.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

. HERE is Stick’s long term review of his ZebraLight H51 and he shows the lightweight homemade headband he made for his in his video, if you don’t want to watch the whole video he discusses it at 16 min and 10 sec into it.

Chris H
    BPL Member

@chrishillery

I glued the silicone holder from my Zebralight onto a carbon fibre money clip which I attach to my cap. Total weight is about 15g and the light also isn’t obstructed by the brim unlike when using the original strap.

(Picture isn’t mine).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

So helpful to give specified time for anything in a Stick’s video, lol. Thanks Link.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Ken, I hope your not saying Stick talks a lot in his videos ;)

Christopher *
    Spectator

@cfrey-0

Hey thanks for the ideas. I typically wear mine on my hipbelt or low on my shoulder straps when hiking, and around my neck in camp (so as not to blind others). Was just poking around to see other options. TY!

Bill Wang
    BPL Member

@billwang

Locale: SF Bay Area

IMG_2076

I’ve been using this setup with Zebralights.  Lately I don’t even use the plastic tightener shown in the photo, rather I simply tie a knot in the shock chord.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools