Topic

Full Version in iPad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Full Version in iPad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Glenn S

@glenn64

Locale: Snowhere, MN

An iPad, or any full sized tablet for that matter, can easily view this site without resorting to the mobile version. I click on the "Full Version" link at the bottom of the pages many times, but as soon as I leave the page, it reverts back to mobile.

So how do I get it to stay in Full Version all the time? It's silly to only use about 60 percent of the screen down the middle, when full mode works so well. And if I have to turn on cookies, or open up any kind of privacy modes, forget it.

Personally, I think it should load full version by default, and have a link for mobile when on a tablet, but either way, isn't there something in preferences that will work server side when I'm logged in to keep it in whatever mode I select? Maybe I just can't find it…..?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You do see a choice in the far lower left like when using a desktop and it says mobile version down there?

Glenn S

@glenn64

I don't use a desktop, I wouldn't know. But that's the same place the "Full Version" link is.
    Edit: I take that back, I use a desktop occasionally when I'm at work I guess.

At the very least, could the "mode" link be at the top instead of the very bottom?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

On my iPad…

If it is oriented in landscape it always shows the "desktop" version no matter if I toggle between the desktop version or mobile version at the lower left of the page. It works just like a desktop or laptop, really is nice.

If it is oriented in portrait, then it toggles and looks awful in mobile, versus it works well in mobile on my iPhone. Also on the iPad in portrait/mobile the ads make a mess.

Glenn S

@glenn64

Well now that's interesting. Thanks for the advice! I guess I never use it in landscape mode, too uncomfortable. I might have to condition myself though, because as you say, it looks awful otherwise!

Darren Graff
    Spectator

@packfan

Locale: Sierra Nevadas

Can you post pictures from your iPad?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

iPad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools