Topic

Big thumbs up for montbell

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedDec 24, 2013 at 11:43 am

I recently purchase a ul 90 pad off of another member on gear swap. After using the pad for a week it began to delaminate. No big deal I only paid 20 bucks for it. I contacted montbell explained the situation but, they couldn't tell me how much it would cost to fix it with having it in hand. I mailed it to their CO store. 3 weeks later they mailed me a brand new pad with stuff sack and repair kit which I didn't have before. No questions asked! I'm very pleased.

PostedDec 24, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I wasn't very familiar with this pad until seeing this post. I did a search and couldnt find much recent info about them. Any current reviews or opinions?

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedDec 25, 2013 at 8:41 am

I have had similar luck with the warranty dept.

The bad news is that I needed the warranty dept.

I've had a ul30 and a ul120 both delaminate in very short times. I believe this is a common problem. And why you don't see their

pads out there very often. The pads are on the thin and narrow side of things too.

I love the clothes that I have purchased from them through the years.

Brock Graves BPL Member
PostedDec 25, 2013 at 1:23 pm

That's a bummer to hear about the failure problem with the pads. I like the thinness of the pads, it makes it easier to share warmth with my dog in winter. Both of us near the same level. I found it difficult with the ul7. The pad also connecting to the pillow is a nice feature as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...