Topic

Sawyer Squeeze for Platy bladders

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
PostedDec 16, 2013 at 6:30 am

I couldn't find any posts that mentioned this, so I thought I'd make a thread about it.
Most Platypus baldder threads will not fit the Sawyer squeeze. I think I remember reading that some of the newer ones might fit it?
My Platy bladders are no exception. So in my search for a solution, I found the Platypus Hyperflow cap, and I thought maybe it might work if I removed the bite valve.
http://www.cascadedesigns.com/platypus/platy-accessories/hyperflow-cap/product
I should mention that I had just purchased the Sawyer hydration tube adapters for the Squeeze (picked them up for about $4 at Academy Sports). Sure enough, with some force, it works great! Since it takes some force to fit the two together, I would assume that this will stay on the filter well, even with a heavily filled bladder underneath.

Platypus Hyperflow cap with Sawyer Squeeze

Not the cheapest solution, but it is easy, with no DIY required. :-)
I need to try this with my recently purchased mini. I'm not sure about the tube sizes, if they are different or not.

Thanks, guys!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Loading...