Topic

Beer while backpacking

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
PostedDec 15, 2013 at 10:13 am

Check out it beer that you can take backpacking. A little heavy, a little awkward but hey, it's beer on the trail! If you have tasted it let me know.

http://www.patsbcb.com/

I know nothing abou the company and I am not endorsing the product, I just thought that it was an interestign development.

PostedDec 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

On short hikes that I don't mind a little extra weight… nothing beats the real thing!

beer

I have often wondered about those dehydrated beers though… maybe he could send me some for a "review." :)

Marko Botsaris BPL Member
PostedDec 15, 2013 at 10:53 am

ROFL!

This is going in my archive of "Things (or threads) that might make regular backpackers think we are crazy". It is by no means anywhere near the top of the list in extremeness, but still…

David Thomas BPL Member
PostedDec 15, 2013 at 11:28 am

And, as traditional as glass bottles are for craft beers, I'm glad to see some microbreweries go to aluminum cans. Also, Anchor Steam does a plastic bottle that looks quite a bit like glass but is far, far lighter.

I haven't seen a good beer in a 12- or 16-bottle aluminum bottle, but they have screw-tops and can multi-purpose as water bottles and cook pots.

PostedDec 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

> I haven't seen a good beer in a 12- or 16-bottle aluminum…

Have you tried the Peter's Beer in the big 16 cans from Trader Joe's? In my book it's at the top of the compromise curve for cost vs. quality. I think Bitburger can also be had in 16 cans and it's a quality German pilsner.

Jeff Hollis BPL Member
PostedDec 15, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I checked them out over a year ago at OR and have been waiting for them to come out with the beer. I will try it eventually since they can ship the concentrate to my state and at a 1:10 ratio it will save you some weight depending on the weight of the gear. And at $3 a pint, that is reasonable if the shipping doesnt kill you.

My local brewer carries a 64oz mylar/plastic growler for use on the river. Those or cans are the way to go if you are backpacking with it and cans are superior to glass in some ways.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...