Topic

MLD PACK SALE

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MLD PACK SALE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

MLD PACK SALE

About 20% Off – varies with model

Most Sizes in Stock

Note FREE PACK LINER in the comments when ordering online and we will include one. Good as long as the sale lasts.

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25

Also- Return of the NEWT Pack with rear mesh pocket.

Velimir Kemec
    BPL Member

@velimirkemec

Sadly no sale on NEWT…fantastic pack btw. I just wish mine would have front mesh pocket.cheers!

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

Kudos Ron on the new Newt.
    As a long torso type I feel strongly about the following:
    you awesome pack makers take on an interesting a dubious task: trying to tell the public how well it's gonna fit them. I suggest you do even better, by putting most of the onus back on the consumer, and heres what I mean: STATE THE TORSO LENGTH.
    From shoulder strap attachment point to either bottom of pack bag, or "center of hip belt" [and define this].

This would be helpful for all packs, but Especially packs like the Newt, which you claim "Fits from about 5'6" to 6'2". Really, an 8 inch range??

Encourage the consumer to know her torso size , state exact torso measurements of your packs, and then give sizing guidelines.

Having spoken my piece…what is the torso length on the new Newt?

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

Pack sale continues through this week.

Also up now are introductory discount prices for two new pack options.

LIGHTWEIGHT SUSPENSION UPGRADE
    http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=208

SUPER PACK UPGRADE OPTION
    http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=212

Brian- Thanks for the feedback- we are always trying to update/edit/improve our product descriptions.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Ron,

So is this option on the packs going to replace the Exodus FS as a stand alone product?

Sounds like it is, but wanted to double check and to find out if there is a Exodus FS for 2014 how it might differ from this option on all of the packs.

Tony

John Rowan
    BPL Member

@jrowan

Hi Tony:

I actually posed the same question to Ron earlier today, and he said the following:

"No plans now on the FS – it really was only good for maybe a couple of lbs more than the current upgrade anyway."

The new upgrade definitely looks pretty interesting- I'm pretty light right now and am looking for a lighter pack, but occasionally need to carry decently heavier loads.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

John,

Thanks for passing the information along from Ron on the FS.

My friend, Jeremy, and I did a 130 mile section of the JMT from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite this summer and Jeremy had the Exodus FS and it carried like a dream without the inflatable pad. He used his Gossamer Gear Torso Pad in the pad sleeve and it carried like a dream.

I was sorry to see the FS pulled and I had emailed Ron and he said that he was going to tweak the design a bit for next year.

I like the idea of being able to add or remove as much support as you need for a particular trip.

Jeremy and I did the JMT in 2011 and on our last resupply from Muir Trail Ranch, we were both pushing 30-31 lbs and it sucked…hence why Jeremy ended up getting the FS after our JMT experience.

Hope that the FS will return in 2014.

Tony

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"My friend, Jeremy, and I did a 130 mile section of the JMT from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite this summer"

That is hard to believe. The John Muir Trail does not go from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite. It goes from Yosemite to Mount Whitney.

–B.G.–

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Bob,

You got me….you are correct.

I meant to say that we were on the PCT….not JMT.

Thanks for the correction….and you realize that you really do have a lot of free time………

Tony

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

It's not so much a matter of how much free time you have. It is more a matter of how many of those hours are billable.

–B.G.–

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools