Topic

Gore Range – various trips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Gore Range – various trips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Scott Peterson

@scottalanp

Locale: Northern California

Excellent photo's and location. The Gore Range is now officially on my radar. Thanks for sharing Steve! This range must be especially fantastic given it has it's own brewery!
    http://www.gorerangebrewery.com/

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Great photos, Steve. Where exactly was the "Pass of False Hope" photo taken?

I was out in your neck of the woods from Thursday through Saturday last week. While hiking down the north side of Eccles Pass early Saturday morning,a boulder came crashing down from the knife-edge ridge west of the pass. It landed on a scree slope not far from where I was standing. Looking up, I noticed a mountain goat perched on top of the ridge. While I was watching, four more goats appeared. They picked their way down the ridge in single file. When they got to the trail at the pass that I had just walked over, they broke rank and started sniffing the trail, almost like dogs. Then they started up the other side of the ridge in single file. I remember thinking how a camera like your FZ3 would have come in really handy.

I don't know if you've photographed these goats before but it looks like a great opportunity. Keep in mind that this group was not tame like the goats at Mt. Evans or Chicago Basin. So it may require a bit of patience.

Steve .

@pappekak

Dondo, the area is near East Partner.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

LOVE the goat!
    Um – I wonder how good his fur would be on me? …

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Your shots are BEAUTIFUL!

Great contrast on the waterfall shot- stunning.

What's the shelter here? Is that a Ti Goat?

Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Looks like the Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape to me.

Steve .

@pappekak

Doug, the shelter is the Gatewood Cape. I think it is a stellar shelter.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Glorious.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Great shots, as usual, Steve. Something about the last photo rang a bell so I went looking through my old photos. Is that Zodiac Ridge, viewed from Willow Lakes?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great work Steve, it would make a very marketable "coffee-table book." Really like the black and whites.

Steve .

@pappekak

Yes Dondo it is the Zodiac taken from lower Willow Lake. All the rain has made for pretty wet backpacking but some great photo opportunities.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools