Topic

tarp pole extened

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Doug Hus BPL Member
PostedDec 6, 2013 at 1:00 am

Greetings, I have a pyramid style shelter, in which I use my treking pole as the support. I'm looking to extend one pole about 6".

I'm looking for most structuraly sound way to extend the (one) pole.

Any recomendations?

I need the second pole for something else.

Thanks, Doug

Jeff Hollis BPL Member
PostedDec 11, 2013 at 10:32 am

Are your poles adjustable? If they are you can remove the top section and find a pole the same diameter that is 6" longer and can carry with you for when you need to extend it.

PostedDec 11, 2013 at 11:28 am

you can go to the hardwear store and get some pvc/plastic/aluminum/copper, whathave you, tubing. 1/2" ID should be about right, but it'll depend on your trekking pole. Just cut it down to size.

You can also get this from TarpTent: https://www.tarptent.com/cgi-bin/surfshop1/shop.cgi?ud=CAsLAQoPAgkCAxQXFx0XHQUEAAAIAwIIAggRFAAA&t=main.htm&storeid=1&sortby=itemid&cols=3&c=detail.htm&itemid=102&bcount=1&categories=00011&fromcat=00011

It's the trekking pole tip extender.

PostedDec 11, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I use a piece of 1/2 PVC pipe cut down to size. I glued a cap on the ground end and my trekking pole end just goes into top.
Works great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...