Topic

PSA: Mountain Equipment Sample Sale Seattle Area

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals PSA: Mountain Equipment Sample Sale Seattle Area

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

Posting this for a friend. I scored a bunch of great deals last year. Fantastic gear… on par with arcteryx in quality and durability.

_______

The company I work for- the US Distributor of Mountain Equipment is having a sample sale this weekend.

What's Mountain Equipment? 50+ year old British company that takes building good gear seriously. We've been importing it for about 4 years now, so we're still relatively unknown. But the people who know us, know that we build really good stuff. Part of my motivation for posting this thing up here is that I'd love to get the Maggot collective wearing and abusing our gear, and hopefully helping get the word out.

What's a sample you ask? Well, essentially our sales people need samples to travel to shops and solicit orders. Some are production quality, some are slight cosmetic blems because they are rushed to production. Mountain Equipment gear is pretty damn good quality so a blem to us is still very functional. It's just that there might be slight puckering on a seam or a zipper garage that is slightly too small. Nothing that really matters for mountain usage. Other reasons to sell samples might be dropped styles or colors.

We also will be selling Gear Test items, Closeouts and Warranty Items. Most products will be Men's Large and Woman's Medium. We will also have a limited selection of other sizes, mostly in closeout softshells and down sweaters. I have new generation Goretex Pro shells, Polartec Neoshell, Synthetic "puffys", Down jackets, Softshells, Fleece, and a selection of summer climbing apparel. We also have a limited selection of Down Sleeping Bags. Prices will be 30%-70% below retail. (crazy good.) We are stuffed full of sample inventory and ready to make deals.

Few examples of the deals we'll be serving:

Tupilak Jacket.
    New Gen. Goretex Pro
    Ykk Aquaguard Zippers
    Compare to Arc'terryx Alpha SV, Patagonia Super Alpine.
    Men's Large.
    Cosmetic Second. Pocket Zipper Garage not properly sized. (I've used mine all last winter with no issue, other than it taking slightly more effort to zip the pocket completely closed.)
    Retail: $550
    Sample sale price: $200

Bastion Jacket
    Gore Windstopper shell
    60g Polarloft Insulation
    Slim, trim fitting hybrid shell/insulated jacket for new school climbers and skiers.
    Dane Burns at Cold Thistle just spoke highly of it.
    Discontinued colors. Production Quality.
    Retails: $250
    Sample Sale Price $120

Snowline SL Sleeping Bag
    -5°f temp rating
    800 grams of 850 fp goose down
    Drilite Loft waterproof shell fabric
    Just selected for Backpacker magazines fall gear guide. (tested by multiple guides in pretty horrible cold places.)
    Used, gear test bag.
    Retails: $650
    Sample Sale Price: $150

Okay. so you must be chomping at the bit and want to attend…

Sale will be held at Mountain Equipment's US offices in Leavenworth, WA (Peshastin, actually.) located at 10090 Main Street, Peshastin, WA, 98847

Sale will take place on November 23. Starts at 9am and will run till 6pm.

Cash or Checks only. I know, I know… but we're a wholesale company and don't typically sell direct.

Reba Forbin

@owlsley

Once again, I wish I lived in WA. Looks like some great deals on this gear!

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

wow.
    nice location.
    right on the bank of a steelhead river.
    that doesn't suck.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

yeah. It is a little way from Seattle, but totally worth the trip.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

About 2.5hrs away for me, but the roads get messy what with the snow now, but mostly, the other drivers/cars are the real danger.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

roads look fine at the moment… and forecasts say it should be rainy at the pass. Something to keep an eye on though.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

The sale did not disappoint. Get up there if you are in the area. Well worth the trip.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools