Topic

Which topo map is Clearer?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Hikin’ Jim BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 6:21 am

I’m trying to upgrade the topo maps I put in my recent San Gorgonio Wilderness Trails post.

Which topo map is clearer?

EDIT:
Well, crap. Apparently, BPL’s highly advanced (ahem) html parser doesn’t like my URL’s and won’t allow me to include the jpgs directly. You can go to the above linked post. The first map is of the new type. The subsequent maps are of the old type.

Feedback appreciated if you have a moment.

HJ
Adventures in Stoving

Ian BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 8:03 am

Hi Jim,

I think all seven are fine. If I had to choose, I like Dry Lake's the least but again, it's perfectly fine. My eyes are not what they used to be so it's easier for me to get the information off of the Grinnell Mtn, Momyer Creek, and Forsee maps.

The Grand Tour map was at a larger scale than the others so I don't think it's a fair comparison to anything else you had in your article.

What program/websites are you using for these maps?

PostedNov 2, 2013 at 12:03 pm

"Apparently, BPL's highly advanced (ahem) html parser doesn't like my URL's"

Jim –
Use a Tiny URL instead. It's simple enough for even BPL to figure out.

Ken Thompson BPL Member
PostedNov 2, 2013 at 10:12 pm

The new one is easier to read. The shading on the old one easily gives a sense of what the terrain is like. Being able to read it is more important,IMO.

Ian BPL Member
PostedNov 3, 2013 at 11:20 am

Interesting. I couldn't see the two maps on Jim's response above from my Mac using Chrome. Switched to Safari and I can see them just fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Loading...