I found a list of suitable hammock camps on the hammock forums. I am curious if anyone has firsthand experience. Three sites each are listed at Glen and Sky camps.
Topic
Hammocks at Point Reyes
Become a member to post in the forums.
- This topic is empty.
I've only been to Wildcat camp, but there are definitely no hammock spots. I had to pitch my tarp off a picnic table (normally use trees).
I don't know about the other camps.
Certainly possible at Glen. The spot up and in the back.
I have been to Sky Camp…lovely place with some real nice views…but yeah, no spot
NPS provides air photos of each Point Reyes campground, complete with camp site numbers.
http://www.nps.gov/pore/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm
Sky Camp sites 5, 6, 7, 11, or 12 might work for a hammock. Those sites are in the trees or surrounded by trees.
You could call and ask:
For information about Backcountry Camping call: 415-464-5100 x2 x5
— Rex
Thanks, all for the replies. I've checked out the aerial views but cannot distinguish enough detail. I suppose I'll just need to take a look.
Become a member to post in the forums.

