Over the last few years I have worked to design a new shelter material. Now that the dream has become a reality I would like to get feedback from the MYOG crowd.
The base material is a 30D nylon Ripstop. On one side its laminated with an ultra thin PET film and on the other side its coated with silicone. The result is a material that is lightweight, strong, ultra waterproof, low stretch, great tear resistance, UV resistant, and quite affordable.
In its current configuration it weighs 1.75oz per square yard. While not ultralight. For how many boxes it checks, I don't think it can be beat by silnylon, cuben fiber or anything else out there. The only thing I might add is a dyneema X ply (Like Xpac) between the film and woven nylon to help add even more tear resistance and make it look that much cooler. Problem is it costs more and adds .25oz to the overall weight of the material. So its it worth it? As MYOGers what would you pay per yard for such a material? I have plans to sell it by the yard. So I look forward to everyone's thoughts.
Thanks,
Lawson

